Tuesday, November 25, 2014

EGGLESS PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE AND A CELEBRATION :)


Hi friends, on Thursday i.e. 20th November, it was my wedding anniversary. We (ME n V) have completed three wonderful years together :) So, to make our Special day some More Special, I decided to bake a special cake for my Sweetheart. After thinking for about 2 hrs. I decided to make this awesome cake i.e. pineapple upside down cake.  I have never tried this cake before but the look of this cake was always fascinating to me. Even a single glimpse of this cake can make anybody (at least me :D) feel so tempted.  

To make this cake, I searched the internet but could not end up on any recipe, then my book shelf told me that I have got a Neeta Mehta book in there :D  I quickly jumped into reading that book and got this superb recipe. 

Though I referred this recipe from the said book, I made a few changes to suit my taste. Due to the changes I made, at first, I was apprehensive about the result but the cake came out so well. Everyone in my family loved it and that doubled up my happiness :)
So here is the recipe of this yummylicious cake for you.  Don't go with the looks of this cake, its so easy to make.  Trust me, its worth trying atleast once. So do try and enjoyyy.  Happy cooking...





 



Ingredients:


Condensed milk (milkmaid)
½ tin
All purpose flour /Maida
1 ¼ cup
Baking powder
¾ tsp
Baking Soda
¾ tsp
Butter
Slightly less than half cup (60 gm)
Soda water
(aerated water)
½ cup or 100 ml
Juice of fresh pineapple
3 tbsp (optional)
Pineapple essence
1 ½ tsp
Yellow food color (optional)
A few drops
White sugar
2 tbsp (optional)
Sugar for caramelisation ( I used 1 tbsp brown sugar and 2 tbsp white sugar)
3 tbsp
Fresh pineapple  slices (rings)
4
Glace cherries (cut into two pieces)
4
Almonds
3



Method:
  • Grease a 7" round cake tin and arrange a drained pineapple ring in the centre.  Arrange halved rings  on the sides.  Put glace cherries half in the centre of each ring as shown below.  Place the cherry with the flat, cut side touching the bottom of the tin  Arrange split almonds in between the rings with the flat side touching the bottom of the tin.  Keep the decorated tin aside.



  • Take a non stick heavy bottom pan and heat sugar on low flame till it melts and become golden brown.  Pour this caramelised sugar on the pineapple rings.  Keep it aside.
  • Preheat the oven at 150 degree.
  • Mix together flour, baking powder and baking soda and sieve twice.
  • Melt butter and put it in a mixing bowl.  Add sugar (2 tbsp) and condensed milk in it.  Mix well.  Then add food color and essence.
  • Add half of the flour and soda water in the condensed milk mixture and beat well.  Add the remaining flour and the milk and beat well.
  • Pour into the decorated cake tin, on top of the pineapple rings.  
  • Bake for about 30-40 minutes.
  • When the cake is done, remove from oven, loosen sides of the cake and immediately turn onto a place.  
  • Enjoy this yummy cake.




Note:  
  1. I used 1 tbsp brown sugar with white sugar that is why my cake got brown color on the top.  If you do not like it you can omit brown sugar.
  2. After removing from the oven, do not leave the cake in the tin as it might get wet due to the juice of pineapple.
  3. As I wanted the cake to be on a little sweeter side I added 2 tbsp sugar but you can completely omit it as the condensed milk is being used.
  4. You can have this cake as pudding also with sweetened fresh cream or custard.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends, thanks a lot for stopping by. Your valuable comments and suggestions are always welcome. Please do not use harsh words it hurts a lot. I am sorry but such comments will be deleted.
Thanks again

Featured Post

Pineapple Laddoo