Sunday, March 29, 2015

Bakery style cake rusk

Cake rusks have always been my favourite since childhood.  When I was little, my papa used to bring these rusks for us.  Having them was a real treat at that time :)
After finishing the school, I was like forgotten these rusks and after my marriage I accidentally found them in a bakery and couldn't resist my temptation.. the mere fragrance of these rusks made me nostalgic.  Having them after such a long time was simply wonderful.  It was heaven when I took the first bite..  (I know it sounds insane :D )
Here in Zambia, I searched but couldn't find these rusks anywhere.  Then one fine day I came across this recipe :)  I made these rusks on the very next day.. and OMG they were just like the bakery ones.. Now I can make my favourite cake rusks in my very own kitchen.. yippyyyyy. 
Unlike me, I didn't make any change in the original recipe except addition of yellow food color and a little more vanilla essence.  Its a must try recipe.  Try it atleast once and share your feedback here. Happy Cooking :)




Recipe source: divyascookbook.com

Ingredients:

All purpose flour/Maida
1 ½ cup
Baking powder
¾ tsp
Eggs
2
Butter
½ cup
Powdered sugar
¾ cup
Milk
1/3 cup
Vanilla essence
1 ½ tsp
Tutti fruity
¼ cup
Yellow food color
¼ tsp




Method:
  • Take all purpose flour and baking powder.  Mix well.  Set aside.
  • Add 1/2 tsp all purpose flour to tutty fruitty and mix.  Set aside.
  • Preheat the oven at 180 degree.  Grease an 8 inch square pan and line with butter paper.  Set aside. 
  • In a mixing bowl, take butter and sugar.  Beat till fluffy.  Add in eggs and beat well.  Add vanilla essence and food color.  Beat again. 
  • Add half of the milk in the egg batter, then add half of the flour to it.  Mix thoroughly to avoid formation of lumps.  Add the remaining milk and stir again, add remaining flour and mix well again.  
  • Fold in tutty fruitty and give a quick stir.
  • Pour the batter in the greased square pan and bake for 40 minutes or until it becomes golden brown on the top.
  • Remove from oven and let cool.
  • Remove the butter paper and cut the cake into two and then cut it vertically in slices of desired thickness.  Arrange in a greased baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or till they become light brown and crunchy.
  • Once cool, store them in an airtight container.



Notes:
  1. Keep an eye on the cake while baking, once it is brown and firm on top, remove it from the oven.
  2. Do not avoid using butter paper.
  3. My sliced rusks got baked in just 15 minutes.  As baking time differs from oven to oven, you need to check carefully to avoid burning.  
  4. You can bake according to your desired browning.
  5. You can adjust the quantity of tutty fruitty as per your wish.
  6. Use of food color is optional.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lovely recipe. But why have you said not to avoid butter paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Innocent Devil to get the clean shape its required.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. halal bakery singapore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. https://eheartland.yolasite.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are truly thankful for your blog entry. You will discover a great deal of methodologies in the wake of going to your post. I was precisely scanning for. A debt of gratitude is in order for such post and please keep it up.  Lustre dust

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://www.floraindia.com/cake-delivery/delhi.html The perfect cake is easily recognizable. It's shape is perfectly symmetrical with a golden brown crust. It has a feathery velvet texture, and is moist and light. The taste is pure heaven. You can certainly recognize a perfect cake, but can you make one? I offer these tips to help you in your quest of the perfect cake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GOLDEN CHEF is one of the largest bakery equipment manufacturing in east of China. Contact us to get the best wholesales price for your bussines golden chef

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends, thanks a lot for stopping by. Your valuable comments and suggestions are always welcome. Please do not use harsh words it hurts a lot. I am sorry but such comments will be deleted.
Thanks again

Featured Post

Pineapple Laddoo