Monday, August 3, 2015

Homemade Rose Water

I have got lots of roses in my garden but never thought of using them in any way.  My mom makes rose water at home as it is more hygenic and pure.  Above all, you know that the rose flowers you are using are not grown on pesticides.  I never made it at home but yesterday I took the recipe from my mom and tried my hands on it.  Its very easy and just 2 ingredients needed - Roses and distilled water.  The best part is that you can use it for anything be it food, body, face, eyes and so on. Rose water is so good for skin and eyes.  It gives a soothing and cooling effect.  It also gives a wonderful flavour and aroma to any food specially desserts. I made it specially to add in food. 
Use red or pink rose for making this rose water.  You would get a light pink hue in the final product and I just loved it.  So lets make it.  Happy Cooking :)



Ingredients:

Red/Pink Roses     -     1
Distilled water       -      As required


Method:
  • Wash the rose petals thoroughly and put them in a vessel.  Pour the distilled water over the petals.  Add just enough water to cover the petals.  Set aside for 20 minutes.
  • After 20 minutes, put the vessel on the stove over slow flame. Let the water heat ( Do not boil).  Heat it till the petals leave their color and start looking faded.
  • Remove from the stove and let it cool down.
  • Refridgerate for 2-3 hour.
  • Strain and store in a clean plastic or glass bottle.  

Notes:
  1. Store it in the refridgerator.
  2. Use fresh roses for best results.

2 comments:

Hi friends, thanks a lot for stopping by. Your valuable comments and suggestions are always welcome. Please do not use harsh words it hurts a lot. I am sorry but such comments will be deleted.
Thanks again

Featured Post

Pineapple Laddoo