Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Eggless Molten Choco Lava Cake

A big hi to all my readers.  Hope your new year is going very well just like mine.  These days I am going very busy with Mishi (my LO). And whenever I open my laptop to post something she starts banging her fingers on the keyboard.  She simply loves it.  If she is with laptop, it is almost impossible to divert her mind to any other thing.  Anyways, I shall keep trying to write whenever I find it possible. 
Lets come to today’s recipe.  Today I am going to post a very special recipe i.e. molten choco lava cake. Its my all time favourite and is very close to my heart.  Actually the thing is, during my pregnancy, I used to have sudden cravings, mostly in the odd hours.  So one night I had suddenly started craving for this cake..that too very strongly.. the molten chocolate had started filling my mind  hehehe.  That time I was with my sister-in-law (big sister of my hubby) so I shared my wish with her..and even  at that odd time she immediately taken me to Dominos and satiated my crave .. it had happened so many times for different things but she never ignored my silly demands even once... that was so sweet of her.. she is such a darling... .. love you didi J



So that was the story behind my extra love for this cake.  I was thinking to try this cake for a long time but was a bit hesitant.  And two days back when I finally gathered courage to try it, it came out soooooooooo yummy and I was more than happy on my success.  I had never thought, even in my weirdest dream, that I would ever be able to make it at home but see I had made it all by myself  
I generally do not like chocolate cakes much but the molten chocolate oozing out from this cake is just irresistible for me.  This cake is a visual treat.  I am 200% sure that you guys will surely love this cake.  It is totally eggless and the taste is awesome (just like the Domino's).  In short, its an Insanely delicious dessert that is incredibly easy to make.  
Here I am posting the full procedure to make this cake.  Please please please try it out and enjoy with your family.  Happy Cooking  :)







Ingredients:

All purpose flour/Maida
½ cup
Cocoa Powder
6 tbsp
Baking powder
½ tsp
Baking soda
½ tsp
Dark chocolate chips or grated dark chocolate
¼ cup + 2 tbsp for filling
Butter
¼ cup
Castor sugar
½ cup + 1 tbsp
Curd
½ cup
Milk
½ cup


Method:
  • In a mixing bowl, sieve together all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder.  Set aside.
  • Melt chocolate and butter together in a microwave safe bowl or in a double boiler. Once chocolate is melted, add castor sugar in it and mix well. 
  • Preheat the oven at 180 degree and grease some silicon muffin moulds with butter and dust with cocoa powder.  Keep aside.
  • In the chocolate mix add half of the curd and milk and mix well.  Add flour mix and fold well.  Then add the remaining curd and milk.  Mix everything again.
  • Take the muffin moulds and fill the same till 1/4 with the cake batter, put some grated chocolate in the middle and pour some more batter over it.  Fill the mould till half.  Repeat the process with remaining batter as well and bake it for 9 minutes.
half filled moulds
  • Remove from the oven.  Let them slightly cool and unmould carefully in the serving plate.  
  • Dust with icing sugar and serve warm.


Notes:
  1. If you wish you can make this cake without filling the grated chocolate in the middle.
  2. Do not experiment with the quantity or ingredients mentioned here.
  3. I recommend to use silicon moulds or porcelain ramekins to make this cake.
  4.  Do not bake the cake more than the mentioned time or it would be baked from the inside and would lose its molten texture.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends, thanks a lot for stopping by. Your valuable comments and suggestions are always welcome. Please do not use harsh words it hurts a lot. I am sorry but such comments will be deleted.
Thanks again

Featured Post

Pineapple Laddoo