Sunday, March 8, 2015

Banana chocolate ice cream

Banana is a very versatile fruit. You can convert it into a shake, cake, bread, muffin, pan cakes or anything your imagination allow. Whenever I find some over ripe bananas at home I make any one of the aforementioned goodies.  Anything made with banana can never go wrong (atleast I feel so :) )
This time I wanted to make something new and after searching on internet I came across some innovative banana ice creams.  Its a very flexible recipe so you can add in your choice of ingredients (with banana of course) as I did.  Here I added dessicated coconut, condensed milk and my chocolate frosting.  I was not sure at all what it would be like but to my surprise it came out very nice.
The best thing in this ice cream is that it does'nt need any cream or gelatine or any fancy ice cream machine.  You don't even need to freeze it overnight or whip it on frequent intervals to avoid the formation of air bubbles.  Just freeze it for 2 hours and its good to go.  Trust me its worth trying atleast once.  Its a nice dessert for kids parties too. 
I had made this ice cream a few weeks back and today I am going to try it again but with some variations.  If this experiments too comes out nice then I will post the recipe soon.
Here I am sharing the recipe of this wonderful ice cream.  Do try it.
Happy Cooking :) 


 

Ingredients:

Banana
1 (small)
1 tbsp
Dessicated coconut
1 tbsp
Condensed milk
1 tbsp
Glazed cherry
1
Sprinkles to garnish





Method:
  • Take the banana and peel it off.  Chop it into round slices and shift to a zip-lock bag.  Put it in the deep freezer for at least two hours.
  •  Take the frozen banana and put it in the blender.  Blend it till smooth and creamy. 
  • Add dessicated coconut, chocolate frosting and condensed milk.  Blend again for 30 seconds.
  •  Shift the mixture into an airtight container and freeze for 1-2 hours.
  • Serve chilled, topped with glazed cherry and sprinkles.



Notes:
  1. Always use ripe, clean and firm bananas for this ice cream.  Use of over ripe bananas would make it taste sour.
  2. If not using chocolate frosting then sugar would need to be added.
  3. You can add nuts too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends, thanks a lot for stopping by. Your valuable comments and suggestions are always welcome. Please do not use harsh words it hurts a lot. I am sorry but such comments will be deleted.
Thanks again

Featured Post

Pineapple Laddoo