Friday, February 27, 2015

Orange Marmalade Cake

I love orange flavour. Anything made with it is always YES to me :)
I had made marbled orange chocolate cake many times but making an orange marmalade cake was always in my to do list.  So one fine day I decided to make this wonderful cake.  
I bought a nice orange marmalade specially for making this and started making this cake.  I wanted to make it eggless but as I was not following any recipe,as usual, I did'nt want to take any risk with the texture and taste of this cake so made it with egg.  This time I was not bothered about the eggy smell at all as there was more and more orange flavour I was gonna use in this cake.  Eggy smell can easily be suppressed with orangy flavour. 
So tried with egg that too only one.. and the final result was just amazing.  I loved the cake to the core. Orange flavour came out very well in it.  You don't need any frosting or icing .. just make it slice it n dig in. Its gonna be hit among the kids.
Here is the recipe for this wonderful cake.  Do try.
Happy Cooking :)





Ingredients:


All purpose flour/Maida
1 cup
Milk powder
1 tbsp
Corn flour
1 tbsp
Castor sugar/powdered sugar
½ cup + 1tbsp
Egg
1
Oil
¼ cup + 1tbsp
Baking powder
1 tsp
Baking soda
1/8 tsp
Orange marmalade
¼ cup
Vanilla essence
¼ tsp
Orange essence
¼ tsp
Curd
1 tbsp
Milk
3 tbsp
Tutty fruity (I used my homemade tutty fruity)
¼ cup + 1 tbsp

Method:
  • Grease a 9 inch loaf pan and dust with flour.  Keep aside.
  • Sift together all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, corn flour and milk powder.  Set aside.
  • Preheat the oven at 180 degree.
  • Take a mixing bowl, add oil and castor sugar/powdered sugar.  Mix well.  Add egg and beat well till the mixture become frothy.
  • Add curd, Vanilla and orange essence and beat well.
  • Add one tbsp milk and 1/3 of flour mix.  Mix well to avoid formation of lumps.  Again add one tbsp of milk and some flour.  Mix well again.  Finally add, remaining one tbsp milk and remaining flour.  Mix it well.
  • Add orange marmalade and mix everything well.  Add tutty fruity and give a nice stir.
  • Pour the batter in the greased pan and sprinkle tutty fruitty on the top.

ready to go in the oven
  • Bake for 50 minutes.
  • After 50 minutes, remove from the oven and let it cool down for 5 minutes.
  • Shift it to a wire rack and let it completely cool.
  • Slice and serve.


Notes:
  1. After 20 minutes, cover the cake with aluminium foil to avoid burning of the top.
  2. Round baking pan can also be used.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends, thanks a lot for stopping by. Your valuable comments and suggestions are always welcome. Please do not use harsh words it hurts a lot. I am sorry but such comments will be deleted.
Thanks again

Featured Post

Pineapple Laddoo