Wednesday, November 12, 2014

CUSTARD POWDER HALWA


Hi friends, everybody, in my family, loves sweets that's why I never feel hesitated to make sweet dishes as I know everybody gonna like it.  

On my last visit to India, I first time saw the kesar pista and butterscotch flavours of custard powder so I jumped into buying them. But when I made fruit custard with the same it didn't come up to my taste, I mean vanilla flavour is the best for fruit custard. From that time, these two flavours of custard powder were lying unused in my pantry.  Last week I saw them and thought to used them up asap.  So I searched the internet for the same.  There I saw many recipes but all were for vanilla flavoured custard so I ended up with this custard powder halwa with a few changes to suit my taste. But to my surprise kesar pista flavour came up very nicely in this halwa and it didn't take much time to finish up :)  The best thing about this halwa is that it took only 2 tbsp of ghee to make it.. 

So here I am giving this recipe. Hope you all would also like it.  Let me know how it came out for you guys.. Happy cooking...




Ingredients: 

Custard powder (i used kesar pista flavour)
½ cup
Sugar
1 ½ cup
Ghee /clarified butter
2 tbsp
Water
2 cups
Cashew nuts
4-5
Almonds
4-5
Pista
4-5

Method: 
  • Take cashews, almonds and pistas and chop them in thin slices. Keep it aside.
  • Grease a pan with ghee and keep it aside.
  • In a non stick pan, mix together custard powder, sugar and water. Mix well and ensure that no lumps are formed.
  • Put this pan on medium heat and keep whisking till the mixture become thick and start looking like jelly.
  • At this stage, put one tbsp of ghee and mix well and put the flame on low.  After one minute, add another tbsp of ghee and mix well.  Add the chopped dried fruits and mix again.
  • Keep mixing till the mixture start leaving the sides of pan and look glossy.
  • Now pour this mixture in the greased pan and put it in the fridge for 2 hours.
  • After 2 hours, remove the halwa from the pan and cut it into desired shape.

Enjoy this yummy halwa.... 




 NOTE : You can use any flavour of custard powder for this halwa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends, thanks a lot for stopping by. Your valuable comments and suggestions are always welcome. Please do not use harsh words it hurts a lot. I am sorry but such comments will be deleted.
Thanks again

Featured Post

Pineapple Laddoo