Thursday, December 11, 2014

EGGLESS WHOLE WHEAT, OATS AND RAGI COOKIES

Hi friends, yesterday I had told you about my latest experiment and promised to share it with you today so here I am with delicious wholewheat, oats and ragi cookies.  As it was purely an experimental dish, at first I was not at all sure about how it would come out but the end result was sooooo good.  I loved the softness and flavour of these cookies.  Everything was just perfect.  These melt in the mouth cookies are surely gonna be loved by you too,  I made these especially for my LO so added healthy flours and the combination was superb.  Almost all the cookies got finished up same day (not by my LO but me n V :D)  I strongly recommend to try these cookies as they are very easy to make and taste great. Good option for that anytime hunger pangs :P  Perfect for kids school tiffin too.
Try out and enjoy.  Happy Cooking :)




Ingredients:

Oats flour
¼ cup
Whole wheat flour
¼ cup
Ragi/Nachni/Finger millet flour
2 tbsp
Unsalted butter
¼ cup
Powdered sugar
¼ cup
Baking soda
2 pinch
Cardamom
2 (powdered)


Method:
  • In a mixing bowl, take oats flour, wheat flour, ragi flour and baking soda. Mix well.  Keep aside.
  • In another bowl, take butter and sugar (Butter should be at room temperature).  Mix well with the help of a spoon till it gets fluffy.  Add cardamom powder.  Mix again.
  • In this butter mixture, add flour mix and knead well.
  • Preheat the oven at 180 degree and grease a baking tray.
  • Now divide the dough into small balls and flatten them with your hands.
  • Arrange the cookies in the greased baking tray and with the help of a fork, make impression on them. (Shown in the pic).  

Ready to go in the oven

  • Put the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
  • Let them cool for 10 minutes in the tray itself.

Out from the oven.. 
excuse my small pan as I had no idea the cookies would expand so much..

  • When cooled, cookies would turn a bit firm and ready to eat.  
  • Enjoy with a cup of tea or as it is. (Store in an airtight jar)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends, thanks a lot for stopping by. Your valuable comments and suggestions are always welcome. Please do not use harsh words it hurts a lot. I am sorry but such comments will be deleted.
Thanks again

Featured Post

Pineapple Laddoo