Sunday, May 31, 2015

Eggless Whole Wheat Oats Coconut Muffins

My toddler loves cakes and muffins.  I often experiment with healthy ingredients to make these for her.  The funny thing is that whatever cake or muffins I make for her I end up on relishing them myself too :)  These muffins too falls in that category.  I first tried them a month ago and then today.  They came out as good as before.  So fluffy and moist.  My princess just loved them. 
These muffins are simply melt in mouth and delicious.  Addition of fresh coconut gave it a nice crunch and condensed milk made it so rich in flavour.  Its a tried and tested recipe so make it for your family and get the nice compliments from them :)  
I thought to share this recipe as it has all the healthy ingredients that you can enjoy with your kiddos without fear of calories as it is a low calorie snack with just 2 tbsp of butter (you can easily decrease it by 1 & 1/2 tbsp).  I made them a bit on the sweeter side as I loved it that way.  All in all, its a healthy addition in your snacks list. 
So here is the recipe for you to try.  Happy Cooking :)



Makes - 6 muffins 
Baking time - 20 minutes
Temperature - 180 degree

Ingredients:


Whole wheat flour
2 tbsp
Oats flour
2 tbsp
All purpose flour (maida)
2 tbsp
Baking powder
¼ tsp
Baking soda
1/8 tsp or
2 big pinch
Butter
2 tbsp
Salt
1 pinch
Fresh grated coconut
5 tbsp
Vanilla essence
¼ tsp
Milk
3 tbsp  or
as required
Choco chips
1 tbsp
Tutty fruity (I used my homemade tutty fruity)
1 tbsp

Method:
  • Mix together oats flour, whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.  Set aside.
  • Preheat oven at 180 degree and line a muffin pan with paper liners.  Set aside.
  • Mix choco chips and tutty fruitty with 1/2 tsp of all purpose flour and set aside.
  • In a mixing bowl, take melted butter, condensed milk and castor sugar (if using) and mix well.  Add vanilla essence and milk. Mix again.  Add flour mix little by little.  If you find that the batter is getting thick, add one more tbsp of milk.  The batter should not be too loose.  Keep it a bit on the thicker side.  Add grated coconut and give it a stir.  Finally add choco chips and tutty fruitty and gently stir twice.
  • Fill the muffin cups with the prepared batter till a little more than half.
  • Bake for 20 minutes or till the top gets a little brown.  Remove and shift to a wire rack to cool down.
  • Enjoy.



Notes:
  1. I used a different brand of condensed milk that had a bit thinner texture so I added 1 tbsp of castor sugar to perfect the sweetness.  If you are using Nestle condensed milk, skip the sugar.
  2. You can add your choice of nuts instead of choco chips and tutty fruitty.  But I recommend to use choco chips too with nuts.
  3. Here I used 2 tbsp of butter which can easily be reduced to 1 1/2 tbsp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends, thanks a lot for stopping by. Your valuable comments and suggestions are always welcome. Please do not use harsh words it hurts a lot. I am sorry but such comments will be deleted.
Thanks again

Featured Post

Pineapple Laddoo